Who Would Benefit From This Book?
Bio fuel researchers
Health food enthusiasts
Once again, David Sieg has composed and excellent guide, this time focusing on open ponds for growing algae, whether for fuel, food, animal feed, fertilizer, or even cosmetics. He covers the range from home use to large-scale commercial systems, from a distributed and survival perspective; yet practical enough for modern implementation -- a hallmark of true sustainable principles.
We'll be consulting this guide in the Safe Haven Villages (.org) intention community I'm involved with. In a day when central authority is growing more tenuous, the ability to do things in a distributed model is growing increasingly vital; and it just makes more sense from a seventh-generation sustainability point of view, while still being profitable in today's economy.
In fact you might consider this as a career that will not only survive the downturn, but help you and many others make it through the worst of times to come; all while pioneering a future industry.
Pure Energy Systems Network
Why should you invest in this report?
- Written for the layman, or non-technical person.
- The report highlights different, inexpensive methods of building open ponds having a focus on bio fuels and bio-energy.
- It provides extensive details on every aspect of building open ponds
- It presents numerous examples of what the pioneers in the field are doing in the algae energy domain.
- It showcases methods of building low-cost open ponds at home.
- It highlights ways to build commercial open ponds economically.
- It lists places to buy materials and parts,
- It provides current and future research areas in algae energy domain.
- It provides extensive knowledge on commercial open ponds...what works, and what doesn't.
- It provides commercial research, enabling students, teachers, and researchers to quickly and easily get up to speed.
- It provides details for alternative algae products not just biodiesel - from algae.
Yes it does make sense and is very clear. I am a Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering specialized in chemical and biochemical reactors, I have over 400 papers, 4 patents and 4 books...I like your simple books to the ordinary person
New Mexico Tech. University,
Partial Table of Contents
Book One: About Algae and Open Ponds
- What can we do with algae?
- The bio fuels perspective
- Bio Fertilizers
- Algae Fertilizers
- Health Food Supplements
- Animal Feed.
- Organic Fertilizer
- Open Pond Overview
- Where to Grow Algae
- The Open Pond Design Concept
- What you’re Going to Need
- How Big Should My Pond Be?
- Open Pond Shapes
- Oblong (Raceway)
- Bubble Covered
- “Down and Dirty” Open ponds at Home
- Site Considerations
- Soil Conditions
- Designing an Effective Open Pond
- Small Pond Systems
David really knows what he’s talking about when it comes to biodiesel. And his new book “Building Open Ponds” shows it... it’s 277 pages jam packed with tons of great information from growing algae in an old bathtub to large scale algae farms. Great details and pictures to make it as easy as pie even for the novice. David really goes the whole nine yards when he writes a book!
Book Two: The “Down and Dirty” Guide to Building Open Ponds at Home
- Wading pools
- Old bathtubs
- Plastic Totes
- Animal Troughs
- Building a plastic tote “Open Pond.”
- Parts list
- Building Open ponds at Home
- Design notes
Book Three: Commercial Open Ponds.
- Commercial Open Pond Design Concepts
- What You’re Going To Need
· Helpful knowledge in the physiology and biochemistry of algae
· The basic flow, size and mechanics of your algal pond
· Up scaling Algae Cultures.
· The Chemical composition for your algal pond
o pH Values
o Aeration and Mixing Of Algae
o Temperature of the Pond
- Pond Linings and Ratings
- Water Chemistry
- Co2 or the Carbonization of your pond
- Nutrient Recycle
- Nutrient Loss
- The Paddle Wheel or Airlift System
- What is it? Why is it needed?
o Use Paddle-wheels for the Following reasons
- Some of the disadvantages of paddle wheels are:
- Things you will need to consider for your paddle wheel:
- Designing your paddlewheel
- Harvesting The Algae
- Belt Filtration
- Settling Ponds
- Open Pond Costs
- Front end costs
- Back end costs
|I can't say enough about the quality information you have presented here and the fact that I can visualize making any one of the systems from the information you have given me in the book is a powerful motivator.|
Building Open Ponds: What You’ll Get
2 extremely hard to find bonus books with over 234 pages of extra material in .pdf format for immediate reading
One of the most comprehensive treatments of all aspects of a commercial open pond, including equipment lists and cost breakdowns.
Bonus Section, Time to Over Deliver!
One of a kind bonuses you won't find anywhere else
Start Today! Choose Your Plan Below
Digital Edition only $99
- 508 pages
- Exclusive Bonus content
- Download immediately
Paperback Edition only $149
- 274 pages
- Full Color
- Bonus material in .pdf download