Yes it does make sense and is very clear. I am a Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering specialized in chemical and biochemical reactors, I have over 400 papers, 4 patents and 4 books…I like your simple books to the ordinary person"
Adjunct Professor of Chemical Engineering,
New Mexico Tech. University, Albuquerque, USA
Many people have asked me for an update to this book since it was first published in 2009, and a lot of changes have taken place since then. It's been a long time coming but it is finally completed and ready. Over 508 pages of information covering all aspects of building open ponds. This is the most complete treatment of this subject available anywhere.
Book One: About Algae and Open Ponds
"David really knows what he’s talking about when it comes to biodiesel. And his new book “Building Open Ponds” shows it… it’s 157 pages jam packed with tons of great information from growing algae in an old bathtub to large scale algae farms. Great details and pictures to make it as easy as pie even for the novice. David really goes the whole nine yards when he writes a book!
Bill Anderson, author http://www.electricitybook.com
Book Two: The “Down and Dirty” Guide to Building Open Ponds at Home
• Design Notes
• Building a Bio Pond
• When to Use a Bio Pond
• Bio pond Parts List
• The Bio Pond in Action
• Scaling Up From The Test/Biopond
• Livestock water troughs
• Building Above Ground Backyard And/Or Pilot Scale Ponds
• Building a Backyard “Raceway” Open Pond
• Calculating the amount of algae per square foot of open pond.
This is a great book on how to make algae biodiesel using ponds. People around the world contact us all the time about creating renewable energy using algae. This book makes it possible for them to do so in their own back yard. Great job!
Book Three: Commercial Open Ponds.
• Nutrients and CO2
• pH Values
• Aeration and Mixing Of Algae
• Temperature of the Pond 5
• Risks and opportunities
• Land use:
• CO2: risks
• Nutrients: risks and opportunities
• Water consumption: risks and opportunities
• Genetically modified organisms (GMOs): opportunities and risks
• The Open Pond Design Concept:
• Scale-Up Challenges and Issues to Consider
• Stability and/or Contamination of Large-Scale Cultures
• System Productivity
• Nutrient Sources, Sustainability, and Management
• Water Management, Conservation, and Recycling
• Selecting Algal Model Systems or Study
• The basic flow, size and mechanics of your algal pond
• Water Chemistry
• CO2 and Carbonization of your pond
• Nutrient Recycle
• Nutrient Loss
• Resources and Siting
• Resource Requirements for Different Cultivation Approaches
• Pond Liners
• Pond Linings and Ratings
• The Paddle Wheel System
• Distal End Details:
• Large Scale Harvesting of Algae
• Micro Straining
• Belt Filtration
• Microalgae Flocculation
• Algae Drying Systems
• Flash drying
• Rotary Dryers
• Toroidal Dryer
• Spray Drying
• Solar Drying
• Algae Yield in Open Ponds
• The Problem with extrapolating algae yields:
• Real world yields
• Power Considerations
• Algae Power
• Biogas Production by Anaerobic Digestion
• Anaerobic Digestion of Whole Algae
• Running DC Devices
• Running AC Devices
• Solar Energy
• Wind Energy
• Small “Hybrid” Solar and Wind Electric Systems
• Algae Production Costs, Uncertainties and Challenges
• R&D Challenges
• Feedstock challenges include
• Algal Biology
• Realistic Costs
• Example Lay-out of a Large Scale Biodiesel Farm
• Developing an Algae Economy
"I can't say enough about the quality information you have presented here and the fact that I can visualize making any one of the systems from the information you have given me in the book is a powerful motivator.
Free Bonuses. More Killer Material!
2012 PAPERBACK Edition + Digital Edition
Digital Edition Only
Buy the Paperback and get the eBook FREE
Building Open Ponds Digital Edition
NOTE: All eBooks are downloadable e-books. No physical products will be shipped unless ordered. After you order, you will get INSTANT ACCESS to download the e-book and all the bonus reports onto your computer. The e-book format can be viewed on Mac or PC. Anti-theft software employed on all digital products. This product cannot be viewed on iPads, Kindles, Nooks, or other mobile devices.
Thanks for letting me know about your amazing new release, "Building Open Ponds" with me. I just finished reading thru it & thought it was fantastic! Your presentation of the great variety of uses for the algae that anyone can grow themselves was excellent. In additional to detailing all the factors to consider & how to get up different sized open pond systems, you provide some great info on many other important aspects, including harvesting & de-watering steps.
Thanks also for including Ron Putt's feasibility study in your Bonus Materials — it's another great source of valuable information. As you know, my organization, Terra Endeavors, is in the process of setting up small-to-moderate sized, commercial scale open-pond systems to provide rural communities in developing countries many of the algae-derived benefits you detail — nutritional supplements to fight malnutrition & for export revenue, bio ethanol, high-protein animal feed & organic fertilizer. This book will be instrumental in helping us design & operate the best system possible! I highly recommend Building Open Ponds to everyone with an interest in anything algae related!
Terra Endeavors http://www.terraendeavors.net
Disclaimer: All testimonials and comments are unpaid, and unsolicited. These comments reflect the viewpoints and/or experiences of a people named and you may, or may not have similar results. Information Specialists, Corp. makes no claims as to the success, or failure of your project. Information is presented as educational and informational only. Please observe all laws in your local area.
© 2010 Information Specialists, Corp., All Rights Reserved.
Unauthorized duplication or publication of any materials from this site is expressly prohibited.
No comments yet